Friday, January 13, 2012

Sweet 16, are you ready to lose it?

 

You know the feeling, butterflies in your tummy. Nervous anticipation. Naive excitement. Are you really ready? Will it be everything you want it to be? These questions plague an inexperienced person.

Weather or not you are ready, you have decided to go for it.

I was so nervous, it was so cold and I thought...am I going to totally lose it? 16 miles stares me straight in the face and whispers, come find me. I almost threw up.

Amazingly I started running, up hill, in 17 degree weather. Jesse had found a new trail, one Chris recommended, touting that it was truly beautiful. He was absolutely right. Our usual run along the river with birds of all sort flying and playing at the river's edge had actually become hideous as week after week we added new tough mileage to it. I went from loving the adorable ducks to wanting to throw rocks at them as they mockingly quacked at me. But THIS, this was a new experience; a road that winds up into the mountains and looks out over the mesa. We turned around at 8 miles, a vista before us that makes your heart pound and again I thought...am I going to lose it? Tears burned my eyes...

 (to be continued...)


-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment