Thursday, January 19, 2012

Can drinking improve your workout?

     "Can drinking improve your workout?" Well that was enough to catch MY eye in a recent "Runner's World Magazine"! Being that Chris, Lili, Jesse and myself own a winery, our running is always accompanied by a drink. How else do you sooth sore legs? How else do you reward hard effort? Congratulate a friend on a PR? Or in my case, even finish a run without the promise of a great glass of wine. I know, for some of you it is a beer or you like the hard stuff, but I promise once you get yourself over to wine, you too will be chatting CAB! CAB! CAB!  (and I don't mean the vehicle that you wish would come along and save your sorry butt, I mean Cabernet Sauvignon!). I mean really, who works this hard and DOESN'T drink?

    Well it turns out a fair amount of do-gooders are out in the world and they think you should NOT drink the night before a run and that it actually lessens muscle recovery. Boo!! What do the scientists say? After an initial study measuring performance, they found that men actually performed worse and women better if they drank the night before a hard run! Cheers to me! So what does that mean for you? A shopping trip to Vivác Winery of course!

    All kidding aside, they found, like all studies, that they need to study more, but I do like the initial conclusions and I think I will "run" with that!

    Now where did I put my wine?

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment