Tuesday, December 4, 2012

To Give and be Merry!


Tis the Season to give and be merry.  Evidently my husband misunderstood the concept of this and is now giving me a ton of poo and he seems quite merry about it!

Now as you all recall having read about Jesse's rigorous training through this blog, that I would be the one that trained and ran a race next. The only problem with this plan is that I have become incredibly lazy! As training for a Marathon forces your body into shape, sitting on the sofa forces it the other way. Trying to keep my running schedule now takes a monumental amount of mental work. I feel like a child trying to get out of going to school... "I can't today! I'm sick (fake cough a few times). I'm injured (fake limp for a few steps). I have a paper cut!"

Needless to say, I have needed a little prodding. Jess is a good prodder.

Our run on Friday revealed that I seem to have a new coach too. I'm not sure I like this guy either. While Jesse was ever the supporter coaching me through Marathon 1, this new side of him is full of torture and sick excitement. He cleverly waited till the last mile of our run, with me exhausted to the point I had stopped talking (takes a lot for me to stop talking), when he says "so what we are going to start doing is speed trials". He sounded absolutely delighted! He went on to outline my new training schedule, giving and giving and giving in true holiday spirit. His lack of recent running seems only to have catapulted him into a sadistic individual intent on my misery. How is he so happy and excited about this?

So, as I write to you, attempting to avoid the inevitable run looming in front of me today, I see that this holiday season will be kind to some of us and not to others...ooh ouch, I think I just paper cut myself on my keyboard!


-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment