Friday, December 21, 2012

End of the World


December 21st 2012 is suppose to be the day the world ends. Why don't we make a pack to make our individual worlds end...whoa, not like that people. Think of a new world, one where instead of saying you are going to get into shape, you actually do it! A world where that bike on the side of the house rusting finally gets a tune up and a new tire and you actually ride it! Where you don't eat foods that are slowly giving you cancer. A world where you don't have to wait till 5:00pm to enjoy a glass of wine!

Why don't we dream a little bigger and end our personal worlds filled with judgement and self centered actions and replace them with true random acts of kindness (not just posting the ideas on your Facebook page). What if each of us, every single day, did something kind for another person for no reason, no benefit to ourselves, what would that collective world look like?

I plan to greet my new world on December 22nd without procrastination...OK less procrastination. I can see that will be difficult since I am already finding reasons why I won't be able to run on Dec 22nd. The bitter cold. I have to work that day. I'll probably be hung over. What? You can't expect me not to be drinking a fine wine as the world ends or not to drink a choice wine to celebrate the glory of a new world greeting me the next day! I never said this new world would have less wine in it, if it did, that my friends would truly be the end of days.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.vivacwinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment