Thursday, December 13, 2012

Running with Santa

As I spend more time running around trying to get the secret Santa shopping and wrapping done, I spend less and less time actually in my running shoes running!

With all this non athletic running, my mind is now running.

Most of us can agree, that this time of year is about loving, giving and appreciating what we have. That is unless you are a six-year-old. Then it is about Santa!

As parents of a six-year-old, it is about running! Running around like a crazy person trying to make a child still believe in Santa. I wonder why we do this? Is it for them or is it for us? Will the magic of Christmas really die with the belief in Santa? After all isn't this time of year about loving, giving and appreciating what we have?

What is it to believe? What is it to have faith? After all don't we believe in the idea that we really will start that diet or get back into shape? We keep believing that we will start running just not today but maybe tomorrow. We believe that we will stop eating all those Christmas cookies. So can't we keep a child believing in the magic without extra gifts and all the running around?

I plan to figure out the answers to all these questions… on my next run… which will start on the first of the new year of course!

Until then I will pop open a bottle of Vivác Cab and recheck my naughty and nice list.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family
www.vivacwinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment