Friday, January 31, 2014

No Excuses


I'd like to be able to write something inspirational or insightful today, but I'm not up for it. Today is my long run and it comes during a weekend of back to back events. Like many of you, when work ramps up, I decide it is too much to run. In fact I try to get out of it in all sorts of clever ways...like saying that working a busy event in immense heels IS a work out. This doesn't work, however, when you live with your "coach" AKA my husband. So, with a storm blowing in and my I-feel-sorry-for-myself mood, I hit the road. It was a solid run, nothing special to report, but I'm glad I did it. Now I can cram my swollen blistered feet back into my heels of pain and rock out another event proud of myself. After all, nothing makes me feel worse than not hitting my training runs.

So...if you are sitting on the pity pot today, smack yourself in the head with one of your running shoes and then hit the road...or treadmill.

Now, someone give me a drink! I earned it!

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment