Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014, Let's Run Bitches!


At the end of 2013, I decided I needed to get back on track and running again. For me this means I had to sign up for a race. So 1st on the calendar was registering for the New York City Marathon (which is a lottery to get in, so keep your fingers crossed for me!) and by way of keeping my training focused I threw in a 1/2 marathon this spring.

NYC will be my 2nd full Marathon and my 1st that I will run solo. I must admit I am a little nervous about that part of it. I mean who will keep me from quitting or keep me on pace if my husband/ trainer isn't there giving me constant encouragement? I better have a giant bottle of wine waiting for me at the finish line as incentive.

So, as 2014 chimed in, I raised a shot of tequila in the air & toasted to a "Happy Newz Yearz" and chased it with a martini. I'm sure you have no idea why training was delayed come Jan 1st. BUT...being Jan 2nd, I'm feeling very optomistic about my training and this year to come. Of course I will be documenting the journey so all of you can experience my pain, happiness & the trill that is long distance running.

Cheers to 2014 everyone!

PS
Naturally I couldn't run today because I am still recovering from New Years. And I have dinner guests coming over...which required me to open a bottle of wine at lunch, to make a marinade, and what happens to a bottle of wine once it is open in our house? Well, we are REQUIRED to drink it!

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.vivacwinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment