Friday, January 10, 2014

Up and at 'em!


Here is some advice...the night before your long run, don't drink excessively. Sit with that for a second, let it really soak in. Ya, seems like something you would KNOW, but it is harder said than done.

This is my long run day. Now you know what I was doing last night...drinking.

This morning I dressed in my running clothes and shuffled my slow moving feet around the house, drinking too much coffee. Work butted in and before I knew it, the day was leaving me in the hazy dust of my hang over. But I am aware that I can't skip runs, so I am still thinking I will be running today. I mean I'm still in my running clothes. I have until midnight technically, right?

I also realize that while I am typing this to all of you, I COULD be running. The wind is blowing seriously hard and it is freezing out so I will have to hit the evil treadmill. I'd jump on it now, but my son is watching a movie and wouldn't be able to hear...and that is just rude. I can't be rude.

You know they say "hair of the dog" is the way to attack a hang over, maybe I should pour a glass of wine. There is a bottle already open in the fridge. Come to think of it I'm hungry. You can't run on an empty stomach. Maybe a little cheese and prosciutto...which would go great with that open bottle of wine.

Yep, I need to "Fuel".

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment