Friday, February 7, 2014

Poetry of Running


Today's run...

A dark grey sky gave a hush to the dusted snowy road and neighboring houses. Lights flickered in cozy homes, perhaps filled with people cooking stew while the fireplace sparked and danced with fire. As I ran out onto the main road that whines through our quaint town, a lazy fog moved over the mountains, as if wrapping the valley in a thick blanket. The pavement glistened black like the night sky and my feet hit the road in a steady rhythm. Tall trees, like crystal gleamed while gentle white snow flakes floated to the ground. The sound of my breath echoed in my ears and I felt great appreciation for the abundance of love and beauty in my life.

Now I'd like to give appreciation for a big 'ol glass of wine! Seriously, where is my wine?

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment