Thursday, January 16, 2014

Don't mess with me!


If you are looking for inspiration from today's blog...go ahead and delete this one. I am in a sour mood.

I have been hitting my runs, easing into training after a long break, but I find that I am very frustrated with the results. And my frustration has manifested in serious irritability. I have not lost any weight, in fact I have gained weight and am starving...as in ready to eat smashed-into-the-road-road-kill hungry. I am also sore and out of shape. I am increasingly annoyed with the huffing and puffing I do on even my shortest runs. I want to be a gazelle leaping down the road! Instead I look like I should be in "The Walking Dead", a zombie show for those of you that live under a rock...see even that was snarky!

As with all hardships, it is your friends that see you through. I have turned to my dearest friend seeking help, understanding and soothing. A tall glass of wine is my friend. Hey don't judge, I waited till 3:30pm to meet up with her! Anyway, wine is good for your health. Wine also always agrees with the way I see things and listens quietly. Honorable traits in a good friend.

I hope that this shall pass. That the irritability and frustration will subside and I will find my joy of running again. Oh wait...I never had a 'joy of running'! Great, now what?

Looks like I need more time with my dear friend to sort this out.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment