Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year, New You...or Maybe Not

New Year's Eve...some people's heaven, other people's hell.

Are you one of those people that on New Year's Eve writes a list of all the things you will change in your life with the new year? Did you formulate strategies on how to accomplish all your new goals? Did you promise to start 2016 with working out, eating right and saving the planet?

I sure as hell didn't. I drank a ridiculous amount of wine, ate a big plate of birthday brownies in honor of the birthday girl who couldn't make it to her own party and lied about resolutions. I said I'd make changes, but clearly my flabby, lazy butt likes the sofa better than that horrific word "exercise".

When New Year's Day was rang in, the party was at a glorious roar, clearly the time for outrageous statements that include words like "Marathon" or "weight loss"  and glorified ideas of the future (meaning you think you will suddenly have willpower and motivation simply because the date changed). By the time the day was more in focus, I had a glaring headache and the call of the great outdoors was more like a horror movie scream. There was no way I was leaving the comfort of the cabin in which we were cuddled up in. And in fact a mimosa would be mandatory. And what of those glorified statements about running and getting fit? Well, they would have to wait till Sunday. Sunday is such a good day to start new things isn't it? It sets the tone for the entire week and sets you right. Yes, Sunday would be the 1st day of the new me of 2016!

You know what sucks about Sundays? It is the end of the vacation, it is the signal that the work week looms. It is NOT a day for exercise. In fact if you are a football fan, it is distinctly meant for Bloody Mary's and hot wings. And I am a football fan.

Mondays are busy with back to work routines and Tuesdays just suck so WEDNESDAY it is. Wednesday is the start of the new me in 2016 and it will be epic!

Now to find a glass of wine in order to cheers myself on how awesome I will be starting Wednesday.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment