Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Mind Over...Junk Food

You all thought I'd disappeared didn't you? Surprisingly I am still here and have actually started my mandated "5 Day Fitness" week...or whatever G.I.Jane is calling it. Last week was the warm up and I actually tried to eat right and workout regularly. Yes, all the football watching over the weekend resulted in tatter tots and sausage cheese balls, but instead of eating an unlimted number, I actually counted out a portion and stuck to that. You have no idea how hard that was. I also went skiing a couple days in a row in deep powder. I decided that was enough to reward myself with time on the sofa...nursing the muscles I have discovered in my butt from skiing. I mean really? I'm sore THERE?

Yesterday was Day 1 of the real deal. Maybe it was knowing that the time was here to buckle down that sent me off the edge. Like a little girl I melted into a temper-tantrum over going to the gym. The bitter cold of the day had me daydreaming of excessive carbs and a warm blanket. Green chile cheese burgers, donuts and a beer. I don't eat wheat so you can see how these items are a sign of complete psychosis. It was an incredibly tough day.

But, I did it. I ran on the treadmill AND did the crossfit inspired exercises prescribed. I went to work at my favorite cafe and I skipped over the gluten free quinoa cookies I love (no really they are amazing!) and opted for the quinoa salad instead. At dinner I skipped the cheddar cheese I love and had a healthy version of chicken tacos (thank God for salsa). By 10:04pm I was STARVING, but sent myself to bed. It was difficult, but doable.

Day 2 is underway, my workout is looming and I am dreading it, but I actually was excited about my tuna salad creation at lunch. Surely this means I'm moving in the right direction right?

Either that, or the fantasy that I get to eat that green chile cheese burger at the end of these 5 days is my secret motivation.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment