Friday, December 5, 2014

Happiness


OK peeps, I have a time crunch going on today. Urgent Holiday celebration activities to be had with the kiddo. So instead of my normal droning on about pain and anguish, I am actually giving you all homework!

Today on my long run, which is actually a "repair" week so a lite 5 miler, I listened to another Art of Charm podcast and was blown away by it. It was about Happiness and how it influences success. It is an interview with Shawn Achor who has a book and shows and a TED Talk and backs his theories with scientific data so no woowoo stuff here which is maybe why I was able to hear it more clearly than some of the other approaches people have taken when talking about Happiness.  This one is pure gold. This is your homework...you MUST listen to it! Here is the link, scroll down the page to find the episode I'm talking about:

http://theartofcharmpodcast.com/2014/11/24/shawn-achor-happiness-advantage-episode-344/

Maybe it was the strange fog that we woke up to that made the run today mysteriously beautiful, or the smell of damp earth that buoyed my senses, it could be that it is a "rest week", but it was probably this incredible podcast that made me excited to be running. OR...maybe someone slipped crack in my coffee this morning.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment