Thursday, August 28, 2014

Liar Liar Pants on Fire


So what the hell happened? I promised I was coming back and then I left you all hanging. I obviously lied.

As time passed and running seemed to become a faint memory, a dream that I couldn't quite place, it became easier and easier to simply not do it. You know what I'm talking about, the I-was-a-runner? syndrome. My stamina had become nonexistent the last few times I ran and even low mileage runs were difficult. I was becoming permanently exhausted. My lack of motivation was at joke level and effecting everything. My body seemed to have turned on me and it wasn't pretty.

Then I threw out my back (something that doesn't happen when I am running oddly enough). No, I wasn't lifting something heavy or doing something crazy, I was sleeping. Now how someone can throw out their back while sleeping seems to be a mystery, but the fact that I did meant that my body had waged a war against me and I needed to do something about it.

Long story short, my friend that is a wholistic Doctor (Western Medicine Doctors cue eye rolling)  took pity on me and a few tests later (yes actual lab tests for those of you still rolling your eyes),  and it turns out my hormone levels are out of whack, my adrenals are shot and my thyroid isn't doing what it needs to. All my symptoms that I attributed to running trying to kill me, were my hormones freaking out! Running is still probably trying to kill me, but maybe now I will have a fighting chance.

So...now I am diligently taking the outrageous number of supplements to get things working and those running shoes back on my feet. True I have not actually hit the road as of yet, but I am writing this blog again which has to be a good sign right?

Raise your glass and cheers with me to new beginnings! And someone please tell me where my running shoes are hiding.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment