Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Yo-yo of Running



Well people, I'd like to say I have some words of wisdom this week or insight, but I don't. I continue to be an ass. I am training in a haphazard manner where I take off from running crucial runs to go white water rafting, I stick in weight workouts and then am too sore to complete the miles outlined by Dr. Jack, the professional running coach I only half listen to. This is definitely not proper training.

In addition, I seem to be a yo-yo of highs and lows. Heading out on a long run this past week, I started feeling great and even after 7 miles was confidant and strong...then leg cramping set in and I could hardly limp in the last of the 12 mile run. Serves me right, I was getting a little cocky and actually had congratulated myself at the beginning of the run for being able to run 12 miles like it was nothing. HA!

As I continue to tumble in this sea of pain, my brother-in-law, Chris, managed to pull off a high altitude Marathon this past weekend. I have mentioned before Chris' seemingly effortless ability with running, but it never ceases to amaze me. He trained, but his training doesn't look like mine. He seems to be able to go from a running break to Marathon shape in a few weeks and then run fast and finish his 6th Marathon happy and feeling great! It doesn't seem fair. Why is it so easy for him and so hard for me?

My hubby lovingly answered this question "it isn't 'easy' for anyone, but no one complains about it as much as you do."

Thanks babe, now pass the wine.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment