Friday, April 25, 2014

This is Jacked


After the let down of the race, there comes a haze that descends, a blurry view of the future. What's next?

Since I lost the lottery for the NYC Marathon, I needed to find a new Marathon. Hmmm...where do I want to run 26.2 miles? Since we already had our young son and ourselves all pumped for a trip back East in the fall, we decided to keep to the plan and run a race there. The New Hampshire Marathon was the winner. It should be gorgeous. Running a full Marathon is an effective way to ruin a beautiful place don't you think?

As I looked at the calendar and back counted I realized I needed to start training NOW. Uhhh really?  Seems excessive, but it is because my "coach" (AKA husband) broke out the scary book "Running" by Jack Daniels. Seriously wish he had pulled an actual bottle of Jack out instead. Training with Jack means a long and painful journey. May need to invest in a giant bottle of Jack to deal with training with Jack.

Come to think of it, just thinking about this training makes me need a drink.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment