Friday, April 4, 2014

4 Years & Another Half


I just realized that 4 years ago I prepared for my 1st half marathon. I will run my 2nd half marathon almost exactly 4 years later...to the day. What a strange realization!

I don't feel any wiser than I was then. I don't feel like the training has been any easier this time because the push is the same and I still think running seriously sucks most of the time. But what has changed is that I have run a full Marathon and a handful of other races, something I actually swore I would never do after that 1st half. No really I literally screamed "I'm never doing this ever again" from the locked bathroom door that was my prison cell after that 1st half, ya things were not good in TummyTown. But then here I am signed up for another half and I actually cried recently because I didn't get into the Marathon I wanted to for the fall! Who have I become? I'm certainly not the woman whom my husband pay a large sum of money to get to run that 1st half. Yes that is why I ran my 1st half marathon. Don't judge, we had precious little money and it was like winning the lottery...by way of sickening pain.

So all these years later...sure I have gotten faster, I have learned how I need to eat to feel good on a run and I have figured out some other basic tools to become a more efficient runner, but what surprises me the most is that 4 years later, 4 years of training goals and races, I still come home from my long runs and ask my husband if I can quit.

Someone get me a glass of wine, I need it.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment