Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Too Happy


Whenever you start something new, make a change for the better or challenge yourself, you will undoubtedly inspire and influence those around you. For some reason it has fallen heavy on my husband who I personally didn't think needed any more inspiration.

My hubby and his brother are avid runners with many Marathon races under their belts as well as races of other distances, but most importantly, they are amazing wine makers. Why is that MOST important? Because I drink copious amounts of wine and it helps me handle their perky attitudes about running. Forgive me, I digress...

Oh yes, inspiring my husband. He ran his 1st Ultra (53 miles) a year ago. The Ultra was not due to my inspiring him, but rather that he is insane. Now this year, watching me sign up for several races, I HAVE inspired him...inspired him to "Stretch himself". What does that mean you ask? Well, he will be running the half marathon (13.1 miles) I have on the calendar in the Spring (probably running it backwards for the extra challenge), followed by a Century (the Marathon of biking-100 miles long), followed by an off road (read as twice as hard) 50K (31.7 miles) at high altitude. The last 2 will be less than 2 weeks apart AND that is just to kick off 2014! Now if you are not sitting with your jaw in your lap, than you are high and need to reread that last section. FYI a full Marathon is 26.2 miles.

Why am I sharing this with you? Because it is important that you truly understand my misery. While I stand in the kitchen slugging down coffee, snarling at my family... he has started his day and training, not in my pathetic, slow, complaining way, but happily with 5AM alarms and freezing cold long runs! He returns bounding around the house, happy as a clam, lifting weights while getting ready for work. Thank God he is a wine maker or I might kill him over this obnoxious behavior. Of course I'm too sore from my training workout to have the strength to kill him, that and I'm not fast enough to catch him.

And so I leave you for today, raising my glass of Chardonnay with a shaking arm, and hope you never have to endure the torture of living with a RUNNER.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment