Monday, April 16, 2012

5 Race Must Haves


Wanting to run your first race?

Here are the TOP 5 things you will need post race no matter what the distance.

#5 Salonpas, they are absolutely amazing, they kill pain AND have menthol so they make your aches go away immediately! I had my body completely covered with them and then read the warning to wear one at a time. oops. Oh and not to drink while using them, I ignored that part too.

#4 compression socks, the blood pools in your legs and that is part of what causes the swelling and painful recovery. OK so I don't know the exact details, I was only half listening when Jesse told me about them. I heard "less painful recovery" and rushed out to get some! I think he may have still been reading when the car squealed out of the parking lot. I have been wearing them ever since.

#3 flip flops, you want those shoes off ASAP. Unless you are wearing the compression socks...obviously.

#2 make-up remover wipes or baby wipes, YES for both women & men. You sweat like crazy at a race and the salt on your face looks gross, feels gross and needs to be removed. These make you feel MUCH better. Also great for your hands which become sticky for some reason...I'm guessing the sweat you wipe off your head? The gatorade you slop all over? The self loathing you grip onto as you wonder why the hell you are doing this to yourself?

#1 WINE! Hello, what did you think I would recommend as #1, chocolate milk? Chocolate milk is actually my favorite post race treat, but it is mandatory you have something stronger for accomplishments. A great bottle of celebratory wine and a great big pat on your own back. To finish your first race no matter the distance deserves a celebration, each race that is longer, harder, a PR (Personal Record) or anything else you can think of is cause for a celebratory bottle of wine!

I realize these may be the items on a race must have list, but they seem to also double as items for a...
Hard day at work
Hard day with the kids
Hard day with your spouse
Hard day trying to be creative
Hard day with a friend
Hard day with your dog?

Best of luck to all of you who are about to do something new! We know it is scary, but do it anyway. When you finish and pop that cork, make sure to cheers yourself and know we are there with you...uh...well, if you are drinking Vivác wines that is, if you are not... we will just be feeling sorry for you.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment