Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day Whine

 


This Valentine's Day, I suggest NOT looking to your lover, partner or mystery person (you know, the one you hope to magically find today), but look to yourself for pampering and love. Maybe it is my age or the horrible past week which included nursing my knee injury, a funeral and work stress, but it seems too much to ask that someone else figure out what I need to make ME feel romanced, loved or appreciated today.

What I need is my knee to heal. What I need is Jesse's calf to heal. What I need is a big bottle of Champagne followed by a big bottle of Tempranillo! These are the wines I want to pair with the chocolates I am trying to make. I have no idea how Liliana makes her gorgeous truffles look so easy to create. My simple chocolate balls look like rabbit poop. Maybe if everyone drinks enough, they won't care. Maybe if I drink enough I will stop obsessing over my knee. My point being when you are feeling GREAT, a simple "Happy Valentine's Day, I love you!" can make this day special. If you are feeling less than great, then roses, chocolates, special dates...it all sucks and wasn't enough.

So let's all take a moment, close our eyes, and get in touch with what we really need today to feel pampered, appreciated and loved. Now go out and do it for yourself! Once you are taken care of, you can look at your Valentine with 100% honesty and not expect anything other than the gift of their love. What could be more romantic?

Now, where do I go to buy the belief that Jess and I will be able to finish this Marathon in 2 weeks?

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment