Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nearing the end


March 4th is fast approaching and I am starting to think that date may have more meaning than simply the day of the marathon. March Forth.

 Jesse is off the bike and back on his feet with high recommendations for compression socks. I on the other hand have continued issues with my sore knee, knocking a 9 mile run to a 4.5. Chris has been giving words of encouragement, promising that even under the current conditions, I will have no trouble finishing the marathon. March Forth.

Newest training nightmare is waking up with a terrible head cold. The kiddo is sick so of course he has been generously sharing it. It feels like a burden too great to escape has rested on me and I am slowly being crushed by it. The nagging voice in my head is screaming doubts at me. I am conflicted, run or rest? March Forth.

With 12 days until the race, it seems doubtful that this will be a success. Plane flights are purchased. Race entries are paid for. We will be at the start line in Napa, but will we be there at the finish line? I don't know. Regardless, on March Fourth, we will March Forth.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
Follow Me on Pinterest
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment