Monday, August 28, 2017

She's Been a Bad Bad Girl

I feel like a complete loser.  I started a diet, was off to a grand start and then I seriously dropped the ball.

My son had a camp-out so my husband and I had one of those stay-up-talking-all-hours-of-the-night kind of nights which I love, but I have to admit, they always have wine involved.  I had not been drinking my beloved wine, but when your winemaker husband comes home with different vintages of Syrah to taste side by side...well, you HAVE to! Ok, maybe I was the one that suggested we taste them side by side, but let's not point guilty fingers, the point is we then had multiple open bottles of wine that were begging to be enjoyed.

The next day I had a marathon of a hangover. Why is it that when you haven't been drinking, it hurts so much more? Shouldn't your body be in a happy place and able to weather the storm better? Biology class aside, I simply could not stay on my diet and succumbed to every desire my tummy threw at me. Flour tortillas? YES (those are definitely NOT on my gluten free diet). Candy? YES! More wine? Uhhhhh duh, I said I was hungover didn't I?

OK so 2 days in a row and back to the diet. Or so I thought. I am now on day 5 of having wine and honestly, I don't think I will be skipping it tonight. I feel a cold coming on and clearly need the alcohol to burn the germs out. I will work on being good on my diet on Wednesday, Wednesday has a nice ring to it.

*This post was brought to you by Vivac Winery Syrah, available in wine growlers from our wine kegs. The perfect way to fall off your diet.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment