Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Positive Changes


Have you ever noticed that the less you exercise the harder it is to even contemplate exercising?  That person that I once was, the one that encouraged other people with the chipper "You can do it! It just takes getting started!" rings in my ears. I want to punch that former self in the face.

Just getting started is the hardest part! It is breaking the now formed habit of sitting on the sofa or sleeping in to get up and start making positive choices. Start making the exercise routine a habit again.

I am left pondering how I got so far off track. How did I go from Marathon, no Ultra Marathon training, to NOTHING? You guys are probably thinking I mean just a few short runs instead of training runs, or that I mean I am doing yoga instead of running...no, I mean NOTHING nothing. Raising that glass of wine to my lips every night has literally been the extent of my movement for months. So what did happen? How do you avoid becoming the mess I have become? I'll tell you, it is all in your mind. (cue Matrix the movie soundtrack)

Yes I did have a head injury that scared the crap out of me. Yes I did and continue to struggle with my aging body and crazy hormone roller coaster. But is that why I became Jabba The Hut? Nooooo my friends, it is because I let my mind tell me lies and I believed them. You are not your thoughts and you have the power to believe them or not (see mom, I have been listening). So choose not to listen to the ones that say it will be too hard or you can't do it and join me to get ahold of your life and body! I just can't let myself drift into a life where I am unable to do things any longer because I let myself become soggy. I don't want to be years down the road saying I thought about running this race or that race, I want to say I DID run those races and visited those far off places. I want to say I fully lived my life and didn't give in to 'stinkin thinkin'. Who's with me?!!!

Did you groan just then? I know, I did too.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment