Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Why I Love Running


I attempted to write today's blog several times. I tried several topics, none of them right, it simply wasn't flowing. Then I realized 2 very important things 1) I didn't have my glass of wine, and 2) That's it! That is why I like running!

Yes, my moment of clarity came to me while I was tweaking about the blog. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a high anxiety, OCD kind of a gal. I tweak about everything, my job, my friend's up-coming wedding, my child, the placement of the remote controls and of course running. But when I am out running, I don't fixate, or obsess, thoughts come and go and my mind relaxes. The problems I spent the morning freaking out over find easy solutions while I am running. I think my blood pressure is probably lower when I am running than when I'm at home stressing myself out tweaking about stuff.

It was something that I knew about running, I appreciated about running, but today in particular I understood about running. This day, full of obsessing about my child's various issues, this day that was beating me down with an insurmountable work list, this day with the house a wreck...this day when I really really REALLY didn't want to go for a run... yes THIS is the day that it clicked.

So why do I sign up for race after race, why not simply go out for a run? Because I don't run unless there is a race on the books. I simply don't have the willpower I think I will, but I find excuses why I can't that day and that day turns into that week and before I know it I have barely run in months. But the pain! Why keep running even when it causes pain? Because it is the only thing that instantly stops the mess that is my thinking. It is the best therapy ever.

*This post was brought to you by Vivác Chardonnay, the wine that loves you no matter what.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.vivacwinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment