Sunday, February 23, 2014

No Pain No Gain


Did you know that people use to think that women physically could not run more than a mile and feared that if we pushed ourselves in physically challenging sports, that our uterus would fall out? Ya, people actually thought the uterus would just pop out. Push multiple babies out, no problem, but sports? YIKES, major damage to the uterus.

So, I would like to take a moment to talk about my uterus falling out. Friday morning I was cursed with horrible menstrual cramps. Most men can't even begin to imagine what this feeling is like. I have determined it is like being kicked in the balls. I obviously don't have balls so this is a guess on my part, but the description of what that sensation feels like is the closest I can draw a correlation to. So, now that everyone can understand the pain I was in, I will continue my story.

Friday is my long run, so regardless of pain, fatigue and the possibility of my uterus falling out, I headed out on my run. It was slow, but I did it. What I realize is that in this time of equality, we over look some facts, like the fact that doing the same activity with added pain, and bleeding should in fact give you extra points. Wouldn't it be amazing if a guy was kicked, hard, in the balls and then ran 8 miles or 26 miles? Wouldn't we all say "whoa, what determination?" but instead we are expected to do it and not complain. Of course I am complaining to all of you, but that is why you all read this blog...to hear me complain about running.

I propose that at the Olympics and other races they should include this information in the commentary..."She won gold, set a new Olympic record and all while on her period! Can you believe it?!"

Oh and by the way, running my long run while suffering in pain, I did wonder if my uterus would fall out.

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment