Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Rising Sun


At 5:30am the air is crisp and cool. The sound of my feet hitting the pavement echos off the cascading rock walls along the road. The sky is filled with violet colored thick clouds and the giant old cottonwood trees of town sleepily reach toward them. Soon, as the sun stretches it's arms over the cover of clouds, a fuchsia streak snakes its way across the sky. It is exquisite.

If only the running itself was so exquisite.

I was absolutely naughty this past week and didn't run...at all. I meant to, but each morning when that hideous alarm went off and my bed felt just right, I groaned and put the pillow over my head. It was the white flag of signs to my husband who mercifully allowed me to go back to sleep. And so the week slipped by! Now, as a new week started, it was clear that we needed to get back at it. I even optimistically thought my legs may be really strong after the mini vacation, but guess what? They were not. Because I'm in training...and training is a type of Hell.

9 miles of knee pain and a ridiculous effort to hit a deathly slow pace, I came scretching into the house. I tried to ease the pain by drinking water, but finally picked up my cell phone and texted 3 words to my mom... "I hate running".

-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.VivacWinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment