Thursday, June 20, 2013

Panic


The tingles race up and down my legs as the weight of them seems to drag me down.

Sweat springs to attention on my forehead and my head begins to pound. My heartbeat thumps loudly in my chest.

Beads of perspiration well up and cry down the center of my back.

There is nothing else in my mind. I am clear, focused on the pain and determined to get through it. This determination got me across the finish line of my Marathon when I couldn't manage another step...I know I can do this.

Then, my eyes start to tear. I bite my lip to stop the emotion welling up deep inside.

"Get a grip" I yell ferociously at myself. I shake my head, willing my body to push forward.

Suddenly, my husband, my coach, my best friend, seizes me out of the black hole I am sinking into. He lovingly, soothingly helps me.

Like a fountain in a desert, the relief and elation of liquid gold splashing into my empty wine glass fills me with great love, a oneness with the world, with humanity.

My wine maker husband saved the day yet again.

What, you haven't had the new vintage of Vivác Sauvignon Blanc? Believe me you will feel that way too when your glass is empty.


-Cheers from the Vivác Winery Family!
www.vivacwinery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment